As part of our commitment to the health of our local community, we can provide management plans to patients who suffer with a chronic medical condition.
A chronic medical condition is one that has been present for at least six months or longer, such as:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Musculoskeletal conditions
GP Management Plans are designed for patients who have complex conditions that require ongoing care, and a structured approach.
Your GP will determine if a plan is appropriate for you.
We offer care plans to all eligible patients who suffer from a chronic illness with little or no cost to the patient.
Our Credentialed Diabetes Educator (CDE) Jackie Coward works in conjunction with your doctor to achieve best practice glucose targets. She can assist you with the following:
- Insulin commencement and titration (GP shared-care)
- Dietary advice, meal planning and weight loss
- National Diabetes Service Scheme advice and signup
- ‘Change of Medication’ and completion of ‘Blood Glucose Test Strip Approval’ subsidy forms
- Complications screening and management using appropriate pathology reviews
- Analysis of medication regime for effectiveness
- Optimal lifestyle advice for your situation
CDEs are recognised by NDSS (National Diabetes Services Scheme), Medicare Australia and the Department of Veterans Affairs, as well as some Private Health Insurers.
Bulk billing options available and accepting private referrals.